I’ve found that whenever I have a lot of things to do, I stress out and end up procrastinating even more. This is important though, because the key to stress relief and staying motivated is pinpointing the cause. Because I know that things like clutter, and lack of organization stress me out, I know I need to be proactive to prevent it. I’ve created a list of 9 Ways to Achieve Stress Relief. These benefit me, so I’m sure they will benefit you guys as well!
9 Ways to Achieve Stress Relief
- In the morning, let sunlight in and make your bed – I know this one seems like a no-brainer, but lettings sunlight in and making your bed instantly makes your room look brighter and feel cleaner. It also prevents me from wanting to crawl back into bed in the middle of the day.
- Write things down – Everyone needs at least one notebook to write their thoughts down. It definitely helps relieve stress of the mind. I love this new fad, bullet journaling. It uses a bullet system to create charts and lists. Definitely useful for organizing, brainstorming, a diary etc. This Kate Spade New Notebook is monogrammed and super cute for your thoughts.
- Wash your sheets (OFTEN!) – Nothing is better than soft, warm, good-smelling sheets. Dryer sheets are the king of laundry. Then, at night spray them this Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Lavender Pillow Mist.
- Keep unnecessary papers organized – Especially when I was in college, I had so many papers, receipts etc. These can easily pile up and clutter your desk or counter-top. I definitely recommend purchasing something like a file organizer. Super cute and discrete way to hide papers. This Floral Printed File Folder is under $10!
- Meditation – I have this app on my iPhone called “Headspace.” I love it because a simple ten-minutes a day helps clear my head.
- Read a book – We are so plugged in that sometimes we forget to unplug. “I love the gram, I’m addicted to it I know I am.” I should probably tattoo those Yo Gotti lyrics on my forehead or something. BUT when I’m not exercising my thumbs, I love to read. Right now I’m loving these two books: Luckiest Girl Alive and The Thousandth Floor. So so good.
- Exercise – I love going on hikes with my puppy. I’m also trying to start taking more fitness classes this year as one of my resolutions. Or maybe it’s my excuse to buy more tennis shoes, not that I’m obsessed with these or anything.
- Mani/Pedi – No explanation needed here. However, I will be writing a future post about my favorite places in LA so look out for that 🙂
- Make use of a planner – Whenever I am anxious or stressed, another one of my alternatives to writing things down is planning out my day and/or week. I’ve found that listing out all the things I need to do, makes it easier to accomplish them. For 2017, I’m loving this planner. I definitely recommend it because there are huge sections for each week where you can write reminders/to-do’s.
If you have any tips on achieving stress relief, share them in the comments section below!