Happy New Year babes! I cannot believe it’s already 2018. Seriously where did the time go? It seems like each year gets better and better, but also faster. I recently took nearly a week long break from Instagram (5 days). I used those 5 days to reflect and rejuvenate. I think it’s important to remember to put the phone down and detox from social media sometimes. Lately I felt like these platforms were starting to consume my life. One of my resolutions for #2018 is to start being more in the moment. What’s one of your resolutions? ALSO, keep reading for some tips on setting resolutions and accomplishing your goals in 2018. I hope these tips will help you to get closer to your dreams and motivate you to make this your best year yet!
Accomplish Your Goals in 2018:
- Make a commitment to YOURSELF. You should not set a goal for anyone else. For example, your goal should NOT be “I want to be skinny so that hot guy from the coffee shop will notice me.” NO. Your goal should be, “I want to start working out so I can be my best self. Mentally and physically.” This will give you more confidence and then you will attract like-minded individuals. And always remember, you are a bad ass bitch that don’t need no man!!
- WRITE down your goals and resolutions! It is a proven fact that you are more likely to complete a task when you write it down.
- Keep track of your goals and resolutions, with cute stationary like this notebook. This way you can easily revisit your original goals and resolutions, while also keeping track of your progress. You’ll be surprised at how far you’ve come.
- Have POSITIVE thoughts. The first step to accomplishing something is knowing you can. The power of the mind is not a joke.
- Celebrate ALL of your successes. No matter how big or small, because you are one step closer.
Taking a moment to reflect these past couple of years… 2016 was a big year for me, I moved to Los Angeles, started dating my boyfriend, and it’s also when I decided to start taking my blog seriously. In 2017, one of my resolutions was to never miss a week of blogging, and I can honestly say I didn’t. 2017 was such a transformative year for me. I realized who my real friends were and who is really going to be there for me when times get tough. I realized that I value different things than others, and that that’s okay. It doesn’t make any person better than the next. What matters most is finding yourself and staying true to you. I am so excited to see what 2018 brings. I know that 2018 is going to be MY year.
Also, how fun and flirty is this sequined fringe dress and black faux fur coat outfit? You can shop my entire look below!
Photography by Sarah! Thank you Bebe for sending me this sequined fringe dress!
Leave a Reply