The Simply Stylist Conference in LA
I recently attended the Simply Stylist LA Conference on the Grove Rooftop. The conference hosted panels and break-out sessions with well-known fashion/beauty bloggers and business owners as the speakers. Some of my favorites were Lauryn Evarts from The Skinny Confidential, Sazan Hendrix, Gina Ybarra from Hunt For Styles, Audrina Patridge, and Becca Tilley. I was able to connect with a ton of influential women and men in the industry. There were also 20+ Pop-Up Shops at the conference that gave away free samples and products, including Topshop, Nekter Juice Bar, Bloglovin’, Planet Blu, Kate Somerville, Bless Box. I was also gifted a gift bag filled with $250+ worth of products that I’m actually excited to use!
Important Points I learned From The Simply LA Conference
- Your brand is a reflection of YOU and who you surround yourself with.
- The impact of a good social media post is immediate.
- If you’re talking to everybody, you’re not talking to anyone.
- This is not a competition! Work with other bloggers and influencers.
- Do not limit yourself to one idea.
- If you stay true to YOUR brand, the brands YOU WANT to work with will come to YOU.
- Anyone can take a nice photo, but why is someone going to follow you? Find something else to offer and bring value to your followers.
- Take small steps towards your goals, every single day.
- Never forget your heart. There is something so unique there to elevate your dreams.
Overall I truly enjoyed the Simply Stylist conference and definitely want to attend another one. It was totally worth the cost. I would recommend the conference to any blogger/business owner that is serious about turning their hobby into a full-time career! If you want to view more pictures from the event, you can look up the hashtag #SimplyLA on Instagram or Twitter.
#SimplyLA Backdrop at Check-In
Sazan Hendrix and I
Lauryn Evarts and I
Panel 1: Staying On Trend With Makeup
Gina Ybarra and I
Becca Tilley and I
Pop-Up Shop Tents and Lounge Areas
Leave a Reply